Have you ever stopped to think about the materials used in conventional sanitary pads? Ever stopped to think about the environmental impact your period has? Most are made from non-biodegradable materials like plastics and rayon, which can take years to decompose. For instance, It takes 600 years for a sanitary napkin to decompose in a landfill. That’s a lot of waste! But what if there was a more sustainable option? Zamzam Foundation is working to change this by creating biodegradable sanitary pads made from natural Jute plant which is a versatile and tensile material with high moisture absorbing features.
Keep reading to learn more about their innovative project!
What are biodegradable sanitary pads and why should you switch to them?
Most conventional sanitary pads are made from a mix of plastic and synthetic fibers, which can take hundreds of years to break down in landfill. biodegradable sanitary pads are made from natural materials like bamboo and cotton, which means they’re compostable and much better for the environment.
2. There are lots of reasons to switch to biodegradable sanitary pads, but the main one is that they’re much better for the environment. Conventional pads can take hundreds of years to break down in landfill, while biodegradable pads will decompose within months.
3. Not only are biodegradable sanitary pads better for the environment, but they’re also more comfortable to wear. Because they’re made from natural materials, they’re often softer and more absorbent than conventional pads.
4.There are also health benefits to switching to biodegradable pads. Conventional pads can contain harmful chemicals and toxins that can be absorbed by the body, but organic pads are free from these contaminants. This can help reduce irritations and skin problems often associated with using conventional pads.
So, not only are biodegradable sanitary pads better for the environment, they’re also better for your health. If you’re looking to make a switch to more sustainable and eco-friendly period products, biodegradable pads are the way to go.
The environmental benefits of using biodegradable sanitary pads.
We all know that sanitary pads are a necessary evil. But did you know that the pads you’re using could be harming the environment? Most conventional pads are made of 90% plastic, which can take centuries to degrade. That’s why more and more women are making the switch to biodegradable sanitary pads.
Biodegradable sanitary pads are made of natural materials like bamboo and cotton, which means they break down much faster than traditional pads. They’re also free from toxins and chemicals, and don’t contain any added fragrances. Plus, they’re just as comfortable and absorbent as regular pads.
Making the switch to biodegradable pads is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment. And, with companies like Zam Zam working to provide organic pads made from jute plant fibers, it’s easier than ever to find eco-friendly options.
So next time you reach for a pad, think about the environment – and make the switch to biodegradable sanitary pads!
How Zamzam Foundation is working to increase access to biodegradable sanitary pads in rural areas?
Zamzam Foundation is working to increase access to biodegradable sanitary pads in rural areas. The foundation has distributed over 11 thousands pads to rural women in need since its inception in 2020.
The distribution of these pads has had a significant impact on the health of rural women. Studies have shown that using biodegradable pads reduces the risk of reproductive tract infections by up to 90%. This is a vital statistic, as these infections can lead to serious health complications, including infertility.
In addition to the health benefits, using biodegradable pads also helps to reduce environmental pollution. Non-biodegradable pads take centuries to break down, and their manufacture creates large amounts of greenhouse gases.
The Zamzam Foundation is committed to improving the lives of rural women, and its work is making a real difference. With greater access to biodegradable pads, rural women are able to live healthier, happier lives.
How you can help support Zamzam Foundation’s work to provide biodegradable sanitary pads to women and girls in need?
We need $1M to set up our factory in Bangladesh to produce organic pads made from recyclable fiber of jute plant. We need $1M to support our cause and pads will go free for women who can not afford it.
You can support Zamzam Foundation’s work in a number of ways:
1. Donate your used car – one of the most valuable things you can donate to us is a car! We sell these cars and use the funds to setting up logistical things.
2. Donate money – every little bit helps and goes a long way towards supporting our causes. You can donate online or through one of our many fundraising events.
3. Give us charity – by giving us charity, you are directly supporting our efforts to provide biodegradable sanitary pads to women and girls in need. Your help is crucial to our success!
4. Purchase our products – by purchasing our products, you are supporting our work and helping to keep our prices low for those who need them most.
Thank you for your support! together we can make a difference.